Alan specializes in investment management work for high-net-worth clients and institutions. He is also responsible for leading Strategic’s overall business activities.
Alan has spent his 20+ year investment career as a passionate advocate for his clients in the market. He spent the early part of his career in Manhattan as an equity trader and team leader for Merrill Lynch and Fulcrum Global Partners, partnering with the world’s leading mutual funds, hedge funds and research analysts to implement investment strategy. Alan returned home to Upstate New York in 2005, bringing with him a unique industry experience and perspective on the markets.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Charterholder
- MBA, The Johnson School of Management at Cornell University
- BA, Economics, Colgate University
- Board of Directors and Investment Committee, AAA Northeast
- Board of Directors, Coach and Commissioner, New Hartford Little League
- Young Presidents’ Organization “YPO”, Empire State Chapter
- Member, Conscious Capitalism
- New Hartford Youth Basketball Coach
- Board of Directors, Mohawk Valley Edge
- Coach, American Youth Soccer Organization (AYSO)
- Board of Directors, Clinton Symphony Orchestra
- Board President, The House of the Good Shepherd
- Investment Committee, Faxton-St. Luke’s Healthcare
- Investment Committee, Pathfinder Village
- Board of Directors, American Heart Association Central Region Chapter
- Advisor, Colgate University Alumni Admission Program
- Mentor, Big Brother at St. Ignatius School, Bronx, NY
- Recipient of the “Accent on Excellence” award which honors outstanding young leaders of the Mohawk Valley (2009)
Areas of Specialty
Client Relationship Management
Leadership & Team Development
Beneath the Surface
Claim to Fame
Supposedly dunked a basketball during pregame warm-ups in high school…but somehow no one saw it.
Pancakes with A4 and Remy, taco night with Nina, long runs, championship boxing, business strategy and intra-office competitions.
Alan lives with his wife Nina, son Alan IV, daughter Remy, and their Jack Russell Terrier, Rascal. Nina and her brother RJ are the third generation owners of Ventura’s Restaurant, a local landmark since 1943.
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.Steve Prefontaine