Mother of twins. Adopter of animals. Meticulous and mindful. Always giving back and offering a guiding hand to her community, clients and colleagues.
Laura currently services individuals, families and businesses by providing objective, unbiased financial advice. She specializes in LGBTQ financial planning and corporate retirement plans.
Laura joined Strategic in 2004 to support the senior management team. With an interest in providing more direct client service, Laura transitioned to an Operations Specialist in 2007 to help service high net-worth individuals and not-for-profit organizations. In 2009, she joined Strategic’s Retirement Plan division advising business owners on techniques to strengthen their enterprise through improvements to their retirement program. This also opened the door for Laura to begin directly advising plan participants on their own unique situations. She was promoted to Director, overseeing the department in 2011. In 2015, Laura transitioned to a Financial Advisor on the Wealth Management team to serve individual clients and their families. When asked what motivates her as an Advisor, she replied, “Two words – helping others. Planning for retirement, a growing family, creating a legacy – whatever the goals may be, I simply want to help others realize and achieve their dreams.”
- MBA, SUNY Institute of Technology
- BA, Psychology, SUNY Institute of Technology
- Board of Directors, YWCA Mohawk Valley
- Board of Directors, Little Falls Community Outreach
- Board Member, Basset Healthcare Network: Little Falls Hospital
- Board Member, Urban Renewal Agency for City of Little Falls
- Member, Tourism Committee for City of Little Falls
- Member, Think Local Little Falls
- Member, Little Falls Theatre (LiFT)
- Recipient of the “Salute to Outstanding Women” award from YWCA Mohawk Valley (2020/2021)
- Regional Chair, NICU Capital Campaign, Crouse Health Foundation
- Executive Leadership Team, March of Dimes CNY
- Chair, March of Dimes Signature Chefs Gala, Syracuse (2019)
- Ambassador Family, March for Babies, Mohawk Valley (2019)
- Chair, March for Babies, Mohawk Valley (2018)
- Member, Utica Zoo Wine in the Wilderness Planning Committee
- Member, Little Falls Cheese Festival Committee
- Recipient of the “Striving for Success” award which honors successful young professionals of the Mohawk Valley (2013)
Areas of Specialty
Client Relationship Management
Financial & Estate Planning
Small Business Planning & Consulting
Beneath the Surface
Claim to Fame
She has been in love with hula hooping for over 30 years and can perform hoop tricks.
Spending time with her family, performing in local theater, advocating for equality, caring for her pets, and volunteering in her local community.
Mother of twin boys, Logan & Declan, who are miracles born 14 weeks preterm. Her husband Matthew is an English instructor at Herkimer College. You will often find Laura and her family enjoying and assisting with community events throughout CNY.
Let us make our future now, and let us make our dreams tomorrow’s reality.Malala Yousafzai