Judy joined Alan Leist in 1988, after working at Marine Midland Bank in Syracuse, NY, and The Bank of New York in New York City. With her portfolio management and operational background, she brought a wealth of experience to grow the investment side of the business.
During the early years, Judy designed all of the individual stock and bond strategies for Strategic’s clients, and operated the trading, research, and portfolio management functions on one single computer! As the business grew, additional analysts joined the firm and the new technology allowed automatic retrieval of annual reports and Wall Street research, which previously came in the mail. Strategic now has a full team of experienced investment professionals, who have direct access to economic reports, company data, Wall Street research, and an independent trading desk.
Over the past 30+ years, Judy has worked with many individuals, business owners, not for profit institutions, and retirement plans in developing comprehensive investment programs. She works closely with many accountants and attorneys, to facilitate appropriate tax, retirement and estate strategies for Strategic’s clients. She also spends much of her time helping widows, widowers, divorcees, and clients who are going through sensitive financial transitions.
Judy was named to Wealth Management Magazine’s list of Top 25 Women-owned Registered Investment Advisors (RIAs) for 3 years.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Charterholder
- BA, Economics, Bucknell University
Current Community Service
- Director, Lifetime Healthcare Companies Governing Boards – Excellus and MedAmerica
- Utica Regional Advisory Board Chair, Excellus BlueCross BlueShield
- Investment Committee, The Episcopal Diocese of Central New York
- Finance & Development Committee, International Thyroid Oncology Group (ITOG)
- Investment Committee, Episcopal Diocese of Central NY
- Finance Committee, Save The River
- Investment Committee, Community Foundation of Herkimer and Oneida Counties
- Chair of Investment Committee and Treasurer, Community Foundation of Herkimer and Oneida Counties
- Board of Directors, Commercial Travelers and Monitor Life Insurance Company
- Board of Trustees, St. Margaret’s Corporation of Utica
- Board of Directors, Mohawk Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Board of Directors, YWCA of the Mohawk Valley
- Board of Directors & Trustee, Pathfinder Village
- Co- Chairman, Jack B. Riffle Associates Campaign, United Way
- Co-Chairman, Babe Zaharius Golf Tournament, American Cancer Society
Areas of Specialty
Client Relationship Management
Marital Transitions and Widowed Spouse Planning
Beneath the Surface
Claim to Fame
Judy is an adventurer, enthusiast and early riser.
Spending time at the St. Lawrence River, biking, skiing, kayaking, walking with her yellow lab Ariel, going to the opera and participating in triathlons.
A native of Utica NY, she currently lives in Clinton. Mother of 2 kids, who live in Manhattan and Brooklyn. Judy loves exploring Brooklyn, and getting a taste of city life with her kids.
Life isn’t a dress rehearsal.My Mother